Guarantees and our terms and conditions.
With regards to recolouring and restoration to leather the reasons behind fading and peeling varies due to the hide, pigment and sealant top lacquers used, also into the equation is cracking and bubbling of the finish which rejects the colour altogether over a period of time, also to mix things up further if the leather/hide is of a certain type which are now seen to be coming over from abroad some do allow the users body sweat or oil for there hair seep into the hide and over time this will absorb into the hide and then push and lift any colour or finish that has been put onto the hide at the tannery (note this is cosmetically irreparable long term) with so many variants evolved we do not guarantee any recolouring work as our standard practice however we very rarely have any call for concerns for continued peeling and this is the way we like to keep it as all customers are fully informed and advised as which would be the best way to go with their repair and what would give them the best longevity.
So with this in mind 99% of our recolour and restoration jobs have many customers delighted with the extra years of use they may gain from repairs and restoration work to leather finishes and as afore mentioned no matter how good the prep work or the application process is we always advise the customers of eventualities that could occur should they unfortunately arise.
Frame and rebuild and custom work.
All our frame work and customisation of sofas carries a 6 month guarantee from the date of completion, from replacing wooden rails to bracing, all work carried out carries the same piece of mind cover. With rare exceptions to misuse and over eager children and adults jumping on items we will come back out to yourselves and after inspection of any work that has failed due to the lack of a fixing or internal block work we will happily resolve any further issues free of any labour charges, note traveling costs may apply and this would be p.o.a.
Terms and Conditions.
1. All deposits payable are non refundable should you choose not to proceed.
2. Leather work and recolouring is subject to shade variation, genuine leather hide can vary from samples chosen due to the pigmentation in the hide and is out of our control however we do try our very best to assure we and the customers are happy.
3. Refusal of full payment upon return of a completed job will result in us retaining the furniture / job / item and selling on to recoup our outlay.
6. All of our work excluding recolouring is guaranteed for 6 months from the date of invoice. Any claims after this time will be subject to further charge.
7. We at Recliner and Furniture Repairs only use fire retarded and safety standard compliant materials from reputable suppliers. Should you wish to use your own material, you will forfeit your standard 6 month guarantee as we cannot be responsible for the origin or quality of the material in these instances. We will however guarantee stitch work for 3 months following the date of your invoice.
Registered Address; R&F Repairs, 83 Ducie Street, Manchester M1 2JQ
The entire contents of these web pages remains our property and is copyright with all rights reserved. Data Protection Act 1998.